General Manager – Submarine Museum and Explosion! (Gosport)
Salary: £31,000 per annum
37.5 hours per week - Permanent
This is an amazing opportunity for an individual who is currently employed within a management role to lead and deliver a first class visitor experience at our unique Gosport attractions.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, this exciting role is pivotal in creating the NMRN’s vision to become the world’s most respected Naval Museum, underpinned by a spirit of enterprise and adventure.
• Ensure all visitors are delighted and connect with our compelling stories across the Gosport sites which includes HMS Alliance; WW2 Submarine and Explosion; including the historic powder magazine.
• Support and empower the Duty Management team to deliver our strategic aims (delighting our visitors, thinking commercially and safe environments).
• Key Health and Safety role to ensure teams deliver safe working environments for staff, volunteers and visitors.
• Working with a degree of autonomy to lead a multi-site operation.
• Work closely with General Managers and the Visitor Engagement Manager with the ability to make a real difference to the visitor experience.
• Lead and develop a visitor focused staff and volunteer team.
• Get involved in project work.
• Lead cross-directorate team meetings.
• Applicants must have previous experience of working in a management position due to the size and scope of this role/level of responsibility.
• An ability to prioritise tasks, effectively delegate and communicate (both verbal and written) is essential.
• The applicant must be able to demonstrate a passion for excellent visitor care and an eye on strategy as well as being a team player.
•Applicants must have knowledge of health and safety requirements and a willingness to learn more.
Please click here to view a role profile
For further details, or an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Louise Swales on 023 9272 8063 ext. 204 or
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and a statement indicating how their knowledge and experience match those specified.
Applications should be forwarded to the HR Team at
by 4 pm on 14 June 2016.
The selection process will be held on Tuesday 28 June 2016 in Gosport
For all National Museum of the Royal Navy vacancies, click here
RNSM is part of the NMRN and is an Equal Opportunities Employer
The Royal Navy Submarine Museum has been awarded the two ticks positive disability symbol by Caroline Greete from Jobcentre Plus Gosport. The Submarine Museum has met the criteria and agreed to employ, keep and develop the abilities of disabled staff through five set commitments.
The five commitments are:
The Royal Navy Submarine Museum . Haslar Jetty Road . Gosport . Hampshire . PO12 2AS
© 2010 The Royal Navy Submarine Museum - All Rights Reserved
Website maintained by Reticom and Matrix Creations