Facilities Technician – National Museum of the Royal Navy
working across Portsmouth and Gosport sites
Salary: £19k to 20.5k pa
37.5 hours per week
The National Museum of the Royal Navy (NMRN) is recruiting for a Facilities Technician to join a multi role team across the Portsmouth and Gosport sites.
Based at the Royal Marines Museum, this is an exciting opportunity to join an experienced team looking after the Maintenance and Properties of the NMRN.
We are looking for a person who can work under their own initiative and be proactive in all areas of repairs to ensure maintenance is completed with minimum disruption to visitors.
The Technician will work closely with the Facilities and Duty Managers to ensure we have safe and effective Museums and enable us to display our unique experiences.
• To be part of an experienced Facilities Team in a growing NMRN organisation.
• To lead an already effective Pre Planned Maintenance programme.
• To work with colleagues in Heritage, Resources and Visitor Experience Directorates.
• Represent the Museums at external organizations.
• Provide technical, security and support at events and first response to Emergency Callouts
• Applicants must have experience in a Mechanical and/or Electrical background.
• Knowledge of heating/boiler systems
• Working knowledge of Fire and Intruder alarm systems.
• Experience in Carpentry and Plumbing.
• Ability to work at heights both internally and externally.
Please click here to view the Role Profile
For further details, or an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Mr JJ Molloy on 02392 545035 or
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and a statement indicating how their knowledge and experience match those specified.
Applications should be forwarded to the HR Team at
by 4pm on Sunday 14 February 2016.
Interviews are likely to be held w/c 22 February 2016.
For all National Museum of the Royal Navy vacancies, click here
RNSM is part of the NMRN and is an Equal Opportunities Employer
The Royal Navy Submarine Museum has been awarded the two ticks positive disability symbol by Caroline Greete from Jobcentre Plus Gosport. The Submarine Museum has met the criteria and agreed to employ, keep and develop the abilities of disabled staff through five set commitments.
The five commitments are:
The Royal Navy Submarine Museum . Haslar Jetty Road . Gosport . Hampshire . PO12 2AS
© 2010 The Royal Navy Submarine Museum - All Rights Reserved
Website maintained by Reticom and Matrix Creations